Privacy Practices by User Category:
- Privacy Practices for Visitors to the PublicSonar Site
- Privacy Practices for Users Who Use the PublicSonar Platform
Practices for Visitors to the PublicSonar Site
(a) The Information We Gather and How We Use It:
- Personal Information– We collect Personal Information when you knowingly provide it, including when you register for the Site, provide feedback, or request information. Personal Information is information that may be used to identify or locate an individual, like a person’s full name, postal address, e-mail address, or phone number, as well as other non-public information that is associated with this Personal Information. We use your Personal Information to administer your account and provide you services, to send communications and administrative emails, to respond to your inquiries, and to send marketing and product update messages to those who ask for such messages.
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information– We collect Non-Personally Identifiable Information automatically when you visit our Site. Non-Personally Identifiable Information is information that is not used nor intended to be used to personally identify an individual and is not associated with nor linked to Personal Information. This Non-Personally Identifiable Information we collect via the Site includes your Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request, and the web page you have visited immediately prior to visiting the Site.
(b) Information Sharing:
We do not share Personal or Non-Personal Information collected via the PublicSonar Site.
Privacy Practices for Users who use the Platform
As part of our service, we operate the PublicSonar Platform, which allows users to understand their audience by by monitoring social media channels. We enable our Users to use this information via the Platform for analytics purposes
(a) The Information We Gather and How We Use It:
- Personal Information– We only collect Personal Information via the PublicSonar Platform when a user provides it to us, and never use that information on the Platform for delivering targeted advertising. When you, a user, send an email using the Platform we use your email address, the email address of the person (or people) to whom you are sending the content and allow you the opportunity to write an accompanying message. We use this Personal Information only to send the email on your behalf and for no other purpose, and it is not merged or otherwise combined with any of the Non-Personally Identifiable Information that we collect. This Personal Information will be available to the people to whom you send or share content via the PublicSonar Platform, so please be careful.
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information– We collect Non-Personally Identifiable Information via the PublicSonar Platform for use on the Platform only. For example, we monitor the usage of our application to improve the quality of our product. This information is not linked to any person, and is merely used for analyses purposes.
(b) Information Sharing.
We do not share Personal or Non-Personal Information collected via the PublicSonar Platform.
Information Security, Retention, and Data Integrity We take reasonable security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include firewalls and encryption, internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems. We restrict access to Personal Information to PublicSonar employees who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination, if they fail to meet these obligations. However, we are unable to guarantee that the security measures we take will not be penetrated or compromised or that your information will remain secure under all circumstances. We retain Non-Personally Identifiable Information on the Platform for an undefined period of time. Any search strings we collect via the PublicSonar Platfrom are converted into Non-Personally Identifiable Information, and the raw search data is stored on our server logs for an undefined period of time. PublicSonar processes information in a way that is compatible with and relevant for the purpose for which it was collected.
Children We do not knowingly collect or maintain Personal Information from individuals who are under 13 years of age, and no part of our Site or Services are designed to attract people under the age of 13. Protecting the privacy of children is very important to us. If we obtain knowledge that a user is under the age of 13, we will take steps to remove that user’s Personal Information from our databases.
International Users The Site and Platform are hosted in the Netherlands. If you access the Site or Platform, please be advised that you are transferring your Personal Information to the Netherlands and you consent to that transfer.